By the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to:
- Understand how the Design Heuristic tool can be used to transform ideas.
- Use the Design Heuristic tool to transform ideas.
Computer, projector, printed handouts, pencils.
1. Introduction to Idea Transformation
- Pushing ideas further using the Design Heuristic tool.
- Understand the importance of developing multiple possible solutions.
2. Using Design Heuristics transform ideas
- Design Heuristics can be used to modify / alter existing solutions.
- Supports the development of initial ideas and existing products.
- Supports overcoming fixation.
Transforming a Superhero (Lesson5)
Purpose: To transform initial ideas generated in the Superhero activity. Students will push these initial ideas further by transforming the ideas using Design Heuristics.
Transform an existing product.
Purpose: To transform modify an existing product using the Design Heuristic tool.
Transforming ideas in teams.
Purpose: To promote collaboration during a transformation design activity.
Students work together modifying their transformed ideas towards a final transformed idea.
A reflection on the transformation process will also occur.